- Infertility means not being able to become pregnant after 1 year of regular of insecure intercourse under 35 years of age and for 6 months in a woman more than 35 years of age.
- Infertility is a common problematic of about 25% of women aged 15 to 44 yrs.
- Infertility can be due to the problematic in woman (30%), the man (30%) and by both sexes or due to mysterious problems (40%), approximately.
- A woman must issue an egg from one of her ovaries (ovulation).
- The egg must go through a Fallopian tube toward the uterus (womb).
- A man’s sperm must connection with (fertilize) the egg along the way.
- The fertilized egg must confer to the inside of the uterus (implantation).
- Infertility can occur if there are difficulties with any of these steps.
What Causes Infertility In Man?
- Infertility in men is most regularly caused by
- This happens when the veins on a man’s testicle(s) are too large. This heats the testes. The heat can affect the number or form of the sperm.
- Low sperm count (oligozoospermia), reduced motility (asthenozoospermia) or abnormal shape (teratozoospermia).
- Injuries or other damage to the reproductive system block the exodus of sperm.
- Whole absence of sperms (Azoospermia).
Sometimes a man is born with the difficulties that affect his sperm. Other times problems start later in life due to disease or injury. What Causes Infertility in Women?
- Blocked Fallopian tubes due to pelvic inflammatory illness, endometriosis, or surgery for an ectopic pregnancy
- Physical difficulties with the uterus like fibroids, polyp, Adenomyosis etc.
- Hormonal disturbance in the thyroid or adrenal gland, diabetes etc.
LAPAROSCOPIC TREATMENT FOR INFERTILITY Today laparoscopy has come as a boon for Infertility patients as it requires only 1-day hospital stay, early resumption of day-to-day activities, minimal blood loss and minimal adhesions make this procedure highly beneficial for the patients and also lead to higher pregnancy rate. Dr. M. Inthu is the best and top notch infertility specialist in Chennai. Procedures that are easily done
- Lap Myomectomy- Removal of fibroids..
- Resection of Endometriosis.
- Tubal Reconstruction is case of previous Laparoscopic Ligation also Known as Tubal Recanalization.
- PCOD Drilling- for polycystic ovarian syndrome for patients who do not respond to medical management alone.
- Lap Adhesiolysis especially in cases of tuberculosis.
- Tubal Cannulation for Mucosal blocks in the tube