Endometriosis Treatment in Chennai
What is endometriosis?
It is a condition where endometrial tissue appears outside the uterus and causes pelvic pain that is especially associated with menstruation. Endometriosis covers the bowels, ovaries, l or the tissue layering the pelvis. The endometrial tissue rarely widens beyond the pelvic region.
In endometriosis, the dislocated endometrial tissue would usually get thickened, ruptured, and bled during every menstrual cycle. The dislocated tissue has no way to flow out of the body and gets trapped. It is associated with the ovaries and cysts called endometriomas. This tissue may aggravate and gradually develops into scar tissue and adhesions.
The main symptoms of endometriosis are pelvic pain that is often related to menstrual period. The women with endometriosis are described by menstrual pain. The ommon signs include:
- Painful periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Pain during urination and bowl movement
- Pain during or after sex
- Heavy bleeding
- Other symptoms such as dizziness, bloating , nausea etc
Risk Factors involved with Endometriosis
- One or two female relatives with the same condition
- Any condition that will block the normal passage of the menstrual flow out of the body
- Past history of the pelvic infection
- Uterine abnormality
Best Endometriosis Treatment in India
- Hormone therapy- the supplementary hormones help in reducing and suppressing endometriosis pain.
- Assisted reproductive technologies
- Conservative Surgery
Dr. INTHU M MBBS, M.S OG, (Ph.D.) Obstetrician & Gynecologist provides the best endometriosis treatment in Chennai. She is specialized in this and has a proven track record of delivering excellent results.