Best Gynecologist in Chennai for PCOS
Get treated by the best gynecologist in Chennai for PCOS at 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬
Book Free Appointments with our Expert Gynecologists Now
- Our surgical centres (OTs) are COVID free
Get free consultation for various diseases across India
- Personalized online consultation with our
- Extensive medical support throughout the treatment
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that appears in women during reproductive years and affects a woman’s ability in getting pregnant. Women suffering from PCOS find irregular menstrual periods or develop excess male hormone levels (creation of more androgen). The ovaries generally develop follicles or small fluid collections that prevent the regular release of eggs.
PCOS is indicative of a serious disorder and needs immediate treatment or even surgery. Many women who face PCOS don’t even know of this. When PCOS turns severe, it affects ovulation and has ovarian cysts. PCOS may arise because of genetic disorders. Other causes include high levels of male hormones (androgens) leading to the stoppage of ovulation and irregular menstrual cycles.
There is no specific test conducted to diagnose PCOS or PCOD. The gynecologist may ask for medical history and do a physical diagnosis. The specialists may take into conditions like weight gain, menstrual period frequency, and other factors. The following tests can be done by the gynecologist:
- Physical Examining: This is to check the signs & symptoms of excess hair growth, insulin, and acne.
- Pelvic Exam (sexually active females): The doctor will examine the reproductive organs to find the abnormalities in patients.
- Blood tests: The gynecologist may ask for tests such as hormone levels, fasting cholesterol, glucose tolerance & triglyceride levels.
- Ultrasound: Abdominal or vaginal scanning is done to find the appearance of ovaries and thickness of uterus lining.
- Screening: There is screening for stress, anxiety, or obstructive sleep apnea.
In PCOS, there would be treated to cure menstrual irregularities, hirsutism, infertility, acne, and obesity. The treatments offered include:
- Lifestyle changes: The gynecologist will advise you to lose weight and have low-calorie diets and fluids. Losing 5% of body weight would be ideal and help to control PCOS and its complications.
- Medications: Birth control pills are prescribed to decrease androgen production and regularise estrogen. These medications will help the patient to prevent the risk of endometrial cancer. It will correct other conditions such as abnormal bleeding, acne, or excess hair growth. Progestin therapy may be applied for 10-14 days to regulate the menstruation cycle. If you’re planning to get pregnant, the gynecologist won’t advise this. For normal ovulation, the gynecologist may give medicines such as Letrozole, Metformin, Clomiphene, Gonadotropins to reduce the abnormal periods or excessive hair growth, Birth control pills, and Electrolysis.
- Low carbohydrate diets: A low carbohydrate diet can control obesity, maintain sugar and insulin levels.
- Infertility Treatment: If PCOS is the sole reason for not getting pregnant, fertility drugs are prescribed and IVF is the last treatment option for PCOS.
- Type 2 diabetes
- Sleep apnoea
- Cardiovascular disease
Why choose 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥s?
- 30% discount on diagnostics
- Most effective Treatment options
- Private Consultation
Why 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚ls?
𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬 is Covid-free
- Patient safety is taken care of by thermal screening, social distancing, sanitized clinics & hospital rooms, sterilized surgical equipment & mandatory PPE kits during surgery.
Official Assisted Surgery Experience
- A dedicated Medical Coordinator will help you through the surgery procedure starting from insurance paperwork, free commutation from home to the hospital & vice-versa, and the admission-discharge process.
Medical Expertise with Technology
- Our surgery specialist will spend a lot of time diagnosing your condition. The patient is assisted in all pre-surgery medical diagnostics. We offer advanced laser & laparoscopic surgery treatment. Our procedures are USFDA approved.
Post Surgery Care
- We provide free follow-up consultations, including dietary tips and exercises to the patient ensuring smooth recovery during daily routines.
- What are the tests done by the gynecologist to diagnose PCOS/PCOD?
- Ultrasound imaging test
- Blood test done to check male hormone levels in the body
- Irregular periods
- Family history of PCOS/PCOD affected person
- Who is the best gynecologist for PCOS/PCOD?
Ans: Consult the best Gynecologist in Chennai for PCOS at 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬
- Will the woman diagnosed with PCOD ovulate and conceive?
Ans : Women with PCOD can still ovulate and conceive successfully.
- Are PCOD and PCOD the same and symptoms of PCOD?
Ans: PCOS and PCOD are different. PCOD is Polycystic hormonal disease occurring due to hormonal imbalance and ovaries contain immature eggs. Symptoms of PCOD are:
- Irregular periods
- Weight gain
- Thinning of hair
- Who is the best gynecologist in Chennai for PCOS?
Ans: Dr. INTHU M at 𝐌𝐚𝐚𝐲𝐚 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐬, Chennai is the best gynecologist in Chennai for PCOS. This hospital has some of the best arrangements for PCOS.